This post is just to let you know that I’m still alive, that I haven’t gone anywhere, and that I’m still writing.
I’ve been a little disorganized recently, with job obligations (this is my last week), a TEFL course to finish, and other stuff…can’t quite remember what other stuff, but I’m sure there was something.
Point is, things have been upside down recently, but I plan on posting more frequently once I fall back into a routine. Here’s what I hope to blog about:
- Blog awards: I recently got tagged by two of my blogging friends, so I’ll be passing those on.
- My solo hike up Y Mountain last Saturday. Expect to see this soon, with some pictures.
- Thoughts on dreams and dream interpretation. I had a really interesting experience with this recently.
- Update on Star Wanderers; I hope to finish draft 2 in a couple days and send it out to alpha readers.
- “Does it ever bother you to do bad things to your characters?” A question I got recently, which is a blog post just begging to be written.
Also, I’m putting together a blog tour right now for Bringing Stella Home and Sholpan, so if you’d like to have me on as a guest blogger, feel free to shoot me an email at joseph dot vasicek at gmail dot com.
In the meantime, this might interest you: I wrote a poem Sunday based on a first line I got from work. My coworkers were talking about dating, saying how they were going through a drought, and I replied with “my life is a drought, and my soul is a desert.” Great first line, huh? If you want to read the poem, you can find it on my deviant art page here.
Other than that, there’s not much else to say. My daily routine is all shot to @#$! right now, but that’s what happens when you’re a freelancer; you’re productive for a while, until projects and schedules change, then you go through a period of chaos until you fall back into a productive routine. All a part of the lifestyle.
And now, in order to promote a more healthy lifestyle, I’m going to go to bed. G’night, interwebs. Be good.